Built in 1869, St.John's Church is located very near to Thalassery fort. In its cemetery rest Sir Edward Brennen and other European officials of the East India Company and the government.
The church had been built with an endowment from Edward Brennen, who had reached here after a shipwreck during the colonial period. Before he died in 1859, he bequeathed his savings to charitable purposes.
The church opened for public after facelift by by the archaeology department in association with the tourism department on 15th December 2009. The church was included by the Archaeology Department, in 1992, among the heritage buildings in the region that required renovation.